Re: [Nautilus-list] PATCH: add 'edit launcher' button to properties window

On 23 Apr 2002, Diego González wrote:

> On mar, 2002-04-23 at 17:07, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > As a general comment, you should never do synchronous I/O in nautilus like
> > that. In this case you should use nautilus_file_can_read() /
> > nautilus_file_can_write(). (You also have to make sure to requets that
> > data to be read.)
> >
> > But in general i don't think this is the right solution. Using
> > gnome-desktop-item-edit is just a hacky way to get something going, it
> > looks ugly and it's not integrated well into nautilus (e.g. when you
> > change stuff Nautilus won't immediately catch it etc). What we should do
> > is some sort of "plugin" notebook pages for the properties dialog.
> >
> > These would be useful for desktop files, but could also be useful for
> > other things, such as proper ACLs if the filesystem supports it.
>
> I like this idea a lot, but i think we have no time to do it in the
> gnome 2.0 timeframe unfortunately. It is also an UI change and i think
> that the UI is already frozen, isn't it?

Yes. It's clearly not prioritized right now, but will be really
interesting after 2.0 is out.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lonely shark-wrestling gangster gone bad. She's a violent mutant bounty
hunter from aristocratic European stock. They fight crime!