Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.5?

on 9/25/01 11:39 AM, Louis Garcia at louisg00 bellsouth net wrote:

> Another thing, has anyone looked into Alan Cox's performance analysis?

The big thing we learned after Alan did his performance analysis was that
the most egregious problems were actually due to a design mistake in the Red
Hat patch, where it was doing I/O too often. He was testing the Red Hat
patch version. The patch was repaired, and we're rolling in the better
version to HEAD right now.

On the other hand, there were lots of other things that weren't related to
the problem in the patch. Some of them were fixed, but others remain. It
would be good to redo the analysis now after the fixes -- I'm sure there are
still many improvements that could be made.

    -- Darin