Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [GNOME VFS] start-here: etc. vfs method

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> > I think the panel should use programs: to get the programs menu.
>
> i have been thinking the same.

Hmm, thinking more - the reason I want the panel to use programs: is
so that when George implements his master plan for rearranging
.desktop files, he has to do that with a new VFS module; if the panel
has its own thing I'd have to keep the VFS module in sync which sounds
painful. If everyone uses programs: then Nautilus and panel autosync
on this.

But the implication of George's master plan is that the panel _won't_
actually be using desktop-module.c anymore, and we could move it to
Nautilus. ;-)

I'd still suggest desktop-module.c in gnome-vfs for now though, so we
can get the panel working prior to master plan deployment.

Havoc