Re: [Nautilus-list] continued redhat merge

Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> writes:
> if .desktop file is from URL type, it is not correctly recognize..
>
> We must add :

These desktop files are some completely broken hack added to libgnome,
they are not in the spec:

 http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html

So before we add this hack to Nautilus, we should fix whatever is
generating the URL .desktop files. Then the Nautilus hack needs a big
comment over it: /* Parse broken nonstandard .desktop files */ and we
need to write a .desktop file validator and be sure we aren't
installing this kind of stuff in distributions. (I know Red Hat comes
with invalid .desktop files, I hope to fix this in the next release.)

Where are these URL files coming from?

Havoc