Re: [Nautilus-list] continued redhat merge

on 9/17/01 11:12 AM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> I don't think this is the case, at least, in the Red Hat branch I get
> desktop entries not nautilus link files for home/trash. Maybe we lost
> this patch?
>
> We didn't want to create any of the old nautilus link files in what we
> shipped.

That's great news! My mistake.

I made a wrong assumption based on the fact that set_type and set_link_uri
are not implemented for .desktop files. I see now that the create and
get_type calls work fine. I should have looked more closely.

Alex, that's another problem for the merge. These calls
(nautilus_link_set_type and nautilus_link_set_link_uri, specifically the
desktop file back end) need to be removed or implemented. It's not
acceptable to have "always fail" versions in the file.

    -- Darin