Re: [Nautilus-list] More merge

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> on 9/10/01 4:24 PM, Alex Larsson at alexl redhat com wrote:
>
> > New patch attached.
>
> Looks good. Ship it.
>
> > +    if (stat ("/etc/mtab", &sb) < 0) {
> > +        g_warning ("Unable to stat %s: %s", file_name,
> > +               g_strerror (errno));
> > +        return NULL;
> > +    }
>
> Just one thing I want to double check: Returning NULL is OK here?

Well. sort of.
Returning NULL means don't update the mount list, but even if
gtk_mount_list returns NULL get_current_mount_list() could call
locate_audio_cd() to get more data. This might mean that if /etc/mtab gets
deleted you won't get the old saved mount list.

Anyway. This shouldn't happen, but if it does it will not cause a crash.

/ Alex