Re: [Nautilus-list] Medusa?

Hi,
We are still looking for gnomes and tentacles to participate in the Fer de
Lance project (http://www.fer-de-lance.org) which in some ways might be
similar to medusa, but which has a larger scope. We want to include
multimedia search services into the desktop, based on technologies like the
one used by the GNU Image Finding Tool.

Le Vendredi 26 Octobre 2001 18:03, Darin Adler a écrit :
> on 10/26/01 4:47 AM, Laszlo PETER at Laszlo Peter ireland sun com wrote:
> > Is the medusa project still alive?
>
> The original author and maintainer, Rebecca Schulman, is still working on
> it in her spare time, as far as I know.
Yes, she mailed here recently.

> > Is it going to be in GNOME 2?
>
> I don't know if Rebecca is planning to port it to GNOME 2. Also, medusa
> didn't become part of the GNOME 1.4 because of some bugs and design flaws.
> I don't know if those have been addressed yet.

could you elaborate on the design flaws and bugs a bit? It might be
interesting for our project and for the GNU Image Finding Tool. A link might
be useful.

Cheers and thanks,
Wolfgang