Re: [Nautilus-list] Text view Patch

Title: Re: [Nautilus-list] Text view Patch
on 10/20/01 2:14 PM, Peter Snyder at kafer77a ameritech net wrote:

Well,
Is this something worth persuing (might it get feed into HEAD).  If so,
then I could add a setting under apearences for the "text-view
disclamer", although I can't imagine anyone who knows what their doing
wanting this thing to pop up. :-)

It looks like...

Pete
PS, sorry if I am going about this in the wrong manner, but It my first real contribution (using the term lightly :) to a large project, so im just a little excited.

If it were up to me, I'd shorten it to one line and make it a little less aggressive-sounding. The all-caps READ ONLY and exclamation point make it sound like the poor user did something wrong. You're just trying to make this clear, not chastise the user.

If it just looked informative rather than punishing, I don't think any user would be annoyed by it,
so there wouldn't be any point in making it a preference.

John