Re: [Nautilus-list] mozilla component

on 10/19/01 2:40 PM, Josh Barrow at drleary mac com wrote:

> On 10/19/01 2:59 PM, "Darin Adler" <darin bentspoon com> wrote:
>> The galeon component is more ambitious than the component that's currently
>> inside nautilus. Eventually I hope it will have many features that the one
>> in nautilus lacks.
>>
>> In the long term, I'd like to consider whether we want to keep the old
>> component inside nautilus, replace it with a copy of the galeon one, or
>> eliminate it completely and suggest that people install either galeon or
>> nautilus-gtkhtml. At the moment it's not clear to me what the right
>> direction is, so I'll keep the component inside the nautilus sources working
>> for now.
>
> You say that you want to have as many features in Mozilla component that's
> in Nautilus as the one in Galeon...  Why?

I didn't say that. Read what I said again. I said that I hope the one in
galeon will have more features, features we don't have in the nautilus one.

> My vote goes to remove the component from the Nautilus sources.  There's no
> need for cruft such as that in the Nautilus tree.

That's one of the three options. I listed.

    1) keep the old component in nautilus
    2) replace the component in nautilus with a copy of the one from galeon
    3) remove the component from nautilus, and require users to install
either nautilus-gtkhtml or galeon

You like option #3.

    -- Darin