Re: [Nautilus-list] mozilla component

on 10/19/01 11:39 AM, David Moles at david moles vykor com wrote:

> It's my understanding that galeon and nautilus both use the mozilla
> rendering engine, and that's what nautilus is actually embedding as
> a component, not the whole mozilla application. So "embedding galeon"
> wouldn't really mean anything.

The galeon component is more ambitious than the component that's currently
inside nautilus. Eventually I hope it will have many features that the one
in nautilus lacks.

In the long term, I'd like to consider whether we want to keep the old
component inside nautilus, replace it with a copy of the galeon one, or
eliminate it completely and suggest that people install either galeon or
nautilus-gtkhtml. At the moment it's not clear to me what the right
direction is, so I'll keep the component inside the nautilus sources working
for now.

    -- Darin