Re: [Nautilus-list] script w/ mime handling

I think Shane makes some very good points here about the similarities and
differences of Open With and Scripts.

Making "Open With" work with multiple selections would be a great thing for
someone to do. The simplest form would be to only be enabled if all selected
items are the same MIME type. This would be lame, but better than the
current behavior. It's not clear what the best design is when the selection
has mixed MIME types, especially when there's no single registered
application that can handle all of the currently selected MIME types. But
almost any solution is better than the current complete lack of solution.

The MIME types control panel is sloppy in its appearance and some behavior
details, and could definitely be cleaned up even without changing the basic
design. This too would help lower the barrier to users entering executables
into the MIME type handlers database.

John