Re: [Nautilus-list] Change committed that may affect the slowness

On la, 2001-10-13 at 07:33, Darin Adler wrote:
    If you hare one of the people who experienced slower performance with
    nautilus HEAD than with 1.0.4, please give it a try again with the change I
    just committed ("Change hysteresis value") and report the results to me.

    If this seems to solve them problem, then I think I'll do a 1.0.5 release.

Umm, now it seems to wait 4 seconds before doing anything with
keybindings (Ctrl-T to move to trash, Ctrl-D to duplicate etc. The
action is done right away, but it doesnt update the desktop, only after
about 3-4 secs. I mean, I hit ctrl-T to move something to trash, nothing
happens, and I hit again, it gives me a popup "Are you sure you want to
permanently delete this file from trash" meaning it is in the trash
already, the GUI just doesnt reflect it yet. And it then disappears from
the desktop before I can even "Cancel" the dialog (since the 4 secs went
by and the gui updated). Happens with dragging the stuff to trash too.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::