Re: [Nautilus-list] Help finding must-fix for 1.0.5 bugs

on 10/9/01 9:38 PM, Tuomas Kuosmanen at tigert ximian com wrote:

> FAM is currently broken for me. I installed Alex's patches to FAM, and
> it now changes the euid to "tigert" like it should. But for some reason,
> nothing updates. I touch files, and Nautilus doesnt see the changes,
> unless I hit reload. So it thinks it has FAM stuff, since Nautilus
> doesnt poll the directories itsef, but for some reason the information
> of file changes doesnt go from FAM to nautilus. FAM test program works
> fine, so FAM should function here.
>
> There is at least one other guy with the similar problem. My nautilus is
> CVS HEAD of yesterday.

Alex found and fixed the problem.

He added new code to not bother monitoring read-only volumes, and there was
a tiny bug in it that made it think most volumes were read-only. He checked
in the fix today, so updating nautilus should fix your problem.

Let us know if you still have the problem after getting the fix (change log
entry saying "Copy is_read_only").

    -- Darin