Re: [Nautilus-list] List View Usability Suggestion

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 15:38, Chris Heywood wrote:

> But I'd assumed that with all the usability testing Eazel had done that
> it had been found better this way so I'd never brought it up.

That's why I only sent this as a suggestion. It needs to be discussed
whether something should be done or not. I didn't find the current
behaviour intuitive; but then again, maybe I am a freak with unusal
expectancies towards user interfaces.

Looking towards other programs I see that Konqueror works similar to my
suggestion; so does gmc; windows explorer I believe allows selection
only on the file name and icon (two leftmost columns).

Christian Glodt