[Nautilus-list] nautilus-1.0.4-gmc.patch

This feature, reading scripts from the mc/desktop-scripts directory and
executing them all, doesn't seem right to me for Nautilus. If this
housekeeping task needs to be done, I don't see why it's the Nautilus
executable that should do it. It seems like a first-time setup that could be
done by some other code.

As I understand it, the reason you want this feature is so that icons can be
preinstalled on the desktop. In the long run, if you help me understand
better what the requirements are for setting up an initial set of icons on
the desktop, then we can figure out what feature to add to Nautilus. I'd
like to hear from others working on other distributions about how they deal
with icons that they want on the desktop.

In the mean time, if you really want this in the Mandrake Nautilus, then
you'll have to use a distribution-specific patch.

For 1.0.5, lets just not do anything about this at all.

    -- Darin