Re: [Nautilus-list] Feedback ...

on 10/2/01 9:11 AM, Lee Willis at lwillis myopenapps com wrote:

> - When changing the font it changes for the sidebar but the main pain
> stays in the normal font
> (http://www.leewillis.co.uk/naut_font_shot.jpg)

What you call the "main pain" is the icon view. You can change the font used
in the icon view in the "View Preferences" panel. In the section labeled
"Icon View Defaults" there's a font popup menu.

It's true that the icon view and list view don't use the default smooth font
or the default non-smooth font. This is over-complex and confusing because
of how font machinery is done in nautilus for gnome 1, and will probably be
nicer in the nautilus for gnome 2.

> - Symlinked directories don't check the symlinked metafiles.

This has been changed in nautilus HEAD, so it will be different for the
1.0.5 release. I think the problem you are seeing will be fixed.

    -- Darin