[Nautilus-list] fam usage

hey...  I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with FAM
recently (at least I assume this is what's causing the problem).

compiling from CVS, fam seems to be detected correctly:

checking for FAMOpen in -lfam... yes
checking for fam.h... yes

but when I'm running nautilus if I have a window open on my home
directory and I create folder or file in a terminal, the view no longer
updates.  even if I create a new window on the directory, it still
doesn't update, and an explicit refresh is required to get the contents
updated.

I launch fam at startup using the line:
/usr/bin/fam -f -T 0 &

nautilus was definitely functioning properly with this at some point.

system:
debian unstable
nautilus, gnome-vfs, eel, librsvg from cvs
fam oss-2.6.4

any ideas?

thanks in advance,
chris