[Nautilus-list] State of the port (for those who want to help)

Nautilus for Gnome 2 is pretty rickety at the moment. But you can compile
and run. The 2 most obvious problems are:

    1) the sidebar is taking over the entire width -- for some reason the
horizontal splitter is no longer working. It was working a few days ago.
Perhaps the problem was triggered because we added some sidebar panels.
    2) you can't see the icons from the icon view (when the sidebar doesn't
take the entire width) -- the icon view itself is being created, as you can
see if you set breakpoints and such, but for some reason the icons aren't
visible
    3) you get a crash right away if you try to bring up Preferences

If you want to help with the project, and you're really good at figuring out
other people's code, you might want to look at these 3 basic problems.
That's what I'll be tackling when I have time to spend on the port.

There are many other minor problems, but these three present the biggest
psychological barrier.

    -- Darin