Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus menubar

on 11/12/01 2:13 PM, Mark Sobell at mark sobell com wrote:

> Edit -> Clear Text
> Only text I can get this to clear is from the Side panel Notes tab. Is
> there something else?

If things are working properly with no bugs, this should also work to clear
selected text when renaming a file. And in the future, it should work
anywhere else we have text that you can edit (along with Cut, Copy, and
Paste).

> Edit -> Remove Custom Image
> What does this do?

If you attach a custom image to a file, then it will show that instead of
the file's default icon. You can use this menu item to remove the image, and
then the icon will display the default icon again.

> View -> Reset View to Match Preferences
> Which properties does this reset and where are the properties set?

This resets the view sorting, zoom level, and "tighter layout" setting.

I don't understand the question, "Where are the properties set?"

> View -> Lay Out Items -> Clean Up by Name
> This selection always seems to be grayed out. How to make it active?
> What does it do?

That's only for use when you have the view set to manual layout. To make it
active, choose Manual Layout first.

    -- Darin