Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus menubar

<quote who="Mark Sobell">

> Edit -> Clear Text
> Only text I can get this to clear is from the Side panel Notes tab. Is
> there something else?

Any editing that modifies a text range, which includes the Notes tab and
the edit box that appears when you're renaming a file. (Cut, Copy, Paste,
Clear).

> Edit -> Remove Custom Image
> What does this do?

Removes the custom icon from the selected icon (also, try dragging an image
to the background, or big icon on the sidebar just for fun - you can remove
these changes via the context menu).

> View -> Reset View to Match Preferences
> Which properties does this reset and where are the properties set?

Not sure of the scope, but it's basically a "turn off my customisations and
set this window to the defaults" (see View Preferences for what those
defaults are).

> View -> Lay Out Items -> Clean Up by Name
> This selection always seems to be grayed out. How to make it active?
> What does it do?

If you're in manual layout mode, like the desktop, or when you explicitly
turn it on for folders, this orders the icons by name. It does not set the
folder back to automatic layout though.

- Jeff

--
  "NASCAR is not race per se. It's just a contest about who can turn left
                            the best." - Unknown