Re: [Nautilus-list] Massive xsession errors from Nautilus

John Mellor <John Kungfu-tse net> writes:
> Having recently installed LM8.0 apparently successfully, I encountered
> endless crashing and peculiar effects which I finally traced to
> Nautilus. It runs OK first time but after logging out and in again it
> runs a continuous stream of this error message, repeating faster than I
> can read it , up to hundreds of Megabytes in my xsession errors file.
> Everything grinds to a halt and I cannot log out.:
> ORBit -WARNING * *: No POA found for operation notify [-1073744576]. I
> have now deleted the .nautilus directory in my home directory and it no
> longer loads in the Gnome splashscreen and all is well. Can anyone tell
> me what is happening, and whether I can fix it? Not only do I like
> Nautilus, but none of my help files come up without it!

I think that bug is some complicated ORBit/GConf interaction
issue. I'm not sure which one of them is responsible.

You might try upgrading your GConf if it happens again, before
deleting .nautilus, to see if a GConf upgrade helps. It would be
useful to know whether there's a difference between two recent
versions.

Havoc