[Nautilus-list] Nautilus Background problems

Howdy, I have a background image on my desktop with nautilus managing my desktop. I have found a problem with nautilus using both IceWM and Sawfish

When an area of the desktop is selected by clicking, movings and holding the mouse the "greyed out" image is offset to some extent from the original image. The problem does not occur if the background is tiled.

The desktop icons, home, Trash get offset to some extent if a"aligned" panel is on the top or right hand side and can't be forced to take up space where the panel would be if it was a edge panel. (I hope that makes sense)

General redraw issues on the desktop

Whats the story, is it just broken?