Re: [Nautilus-list] some eel patching

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> > GtkDialog has a close accelerator now, which is configurable by the
> > "key theme" - it's wrong to set some other close accelerator, it will
> > override the key theme, or worse, potentially try to close the dialog
> > twice.
> >
> > GtkDialog doesn't currently have Ctrl+w as this function does, I don't
> > remember why we did that (I do remember discussing it), but whichever
> > way we go, it's configurable via key theme, and should be the same
> > across all apps.
>
> This worries me a bit. I don't think that users will know which windows are
> GtkDialogs and which are non-GtkDialogs. And in Nautilus, I was hoping that
> a single key would work to close any window.

That begs the question of whether user's will know what windows are
Nautilus windows and what windows are non Nautilus windows...

I think consistency across the desktop here is the important thing;
Nautilus should probably try to use a GtkDialog for anything that
doesn't have a menu bar.

Regards,
                                        Owen