From: Ian McKellar yakk-nautilus yakk net au
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:29:43 +0800
To: rpmuldoon students wisc edu, bart decrem com, nickrud citlink net, nautilus-list lists eazel com
Subject: Re: Re: [Nautilus-list] icon set cover image suggestion

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:16:23PM -0400, rpmuldoon students wisc edu wrote:
> A nifty eventual feature for nautilus could be something like the following:
> a gnome-vfs plugin for cdda, so you can view cds in nautilus, and either drag and drop individual songs (which are have the correct name from using the free cddb service) to local media, or drag the whole cd.  They could be converted to ogg or mp3 format, so it is nice and seamless.  In the case of dragging the whole cd, it makes a directory for the songs, and sets the cover image for you.  That would be pretty cool.

Apart from the encoding part, this has already been done. If you compile
gnome-vfs with CDDA enabled and insert an audio CD the filenames are the track
names from CDDB :)

Perhaps someone needs to write a panel applet that you can d+d audio files to
to have them encoded. This would be that MacOS/MacOSX way...

Ian (who is enjoying dropstuffX)

http://www.mail2web.com/ .