Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus always running with session style "Trash"

On 28 May 2001 13:41:20 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Monday, May 28, 2001, at 12:41  PM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
>
> > I have read the short thread on this list, beginning with Louis Garcia's
> > posting of 10th May, "Nautilus 1.0.3 problem". However, there doesn't
> > seem to be any response about whether this is a nautilus bug or
> > something specific to my (and others') setups.
>
> This turned out to be a Nautilus bug. Havoc found the problem -- it was
> the lack of default for a "hidden" preference that used to be set up by
> the first time druid. It's not yet fixed in any release, but the fix is in
> HEAD and it will presumably be in the 1.0.4 release, when we do one.
>
> What's different about your setup, I assume, is that you either never used
> a pre-1.0.3 Nautilus or deleted your ~/.gconf directory since using the
> pre-1.0.3 Nautilus.

Thanks for the response, Darin. I can live with the problem, it isn't a
big deal, but if there is workaround which doesn't involve turning off
Automatic Session Saving it'd be useful to know.

P.S. I've been lurking on the web archive for this mailing list for a
couple of days now, and the quality and level of interesting ideas and
dialogues is astonishingly high.

D. D. Brierton               Department of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh
ddb cogsci ed ac uk                            http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~ddb