Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

On 24 May 2001 13:29:43 -0700, Ben Ford wrote:
> Dan Winship wrote:
>
> >Why are you even bothering to try to argue about this?! It's not like
> >this is unexplored territory and no one knows what will happen if we
> >try. You are proposing to give Evolution *exactly* the functionality
> >

> Actually, this discussion is about Nautilus and GMC.
>
> And the only thing it does is run apps that don't have the execute bit
> set.  No more.  No less.

No, it's not. It's about adding a gnome-vfs hook to do this for all
programs that should be run.
All programs that use gnome-vfs will end up with this functionality. And
that includes Evolution.

And once the correct hooks are in place, I'm sure evolution will be able
to be scripted [1]

iain

[1] Note this is not a statement from the evolution development team or
from Ximian on any plans for possible future features of Evolution. It
is my personal guess on what might happen eventually given Bonobo and
CORBA and wonderful stuff like that. :)