Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

On 23 May 2001 18:45:19 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> So sprach Christian Rose am Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:27:51PM +0200:
> > I think that a big security warning would be appropriate when
> > double-clicking a binary without execute permission set, though. "This
>
> Dunno, but for some reason I'd think that people might just ignore this
> warning.  People might think like this: "Uh, message box go away - I double
> clicked on this for a reason, I *know* what I'm doing, so just leave me
> alone!".  (Note: This is not what I'm thinking but I assume a reaction like
> this could be possible.)
I have the same impression from what I have seen people use computers. I guess they just read what the buttons say, OK or Cancel, as there is no way they can read the dialog message by the time they click the dialog away. It usually goes very fast.

Tuomas

Tuomas Kuosmanen - Art Director - Ximian - tigert ximian com - www.ximian.com