[Nautilus-list] The Shelf

Hello,
The other day I got an itch to implement the "shelf" (to which you can drag
files as a temporary holding zone to be placed in another directory) idea
that was tossed around here a while back.  I decided that the shelf should
be a sidebar thing, so I delved into the "notes" component, and began to
learn how it works.

But it occurred to me that someone else might be implementing this, so
before I go much further, I would like to know if anybody else is working on
something similar.

I don't know too much about bonobo/oaf/CORBA, but I read the bonobo tutorial
on the GNOME web site, and feel that I could hack my way around the code.
If possible, I would like to use the nautilus icon view component (widget?)
(IE the thing that renders the files/directories in a Nautilus window) to
represent the shelf.

If anybody had any suggestions/help I would appreciate it since I'm still
mostly in the dark with this stuff.

--
Sincerely,
Caleb Land

---
A prayer:
Lord, protect me from knowing what I don't need to know.
Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know.
Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about
the things that I decided not to know about.
Amen.

--Mostly Harmless, Douglas Adams

Email:  bokonon rochester rr com
Jabber: caleb jabber granfalloon com
AIM:    RedHatDude
ICQ:    8358400
GnuPG/PGP Public Key: finger me at "caleb deepthought granfalloon com" and
read my .plan.
---