[Nautilus-list] Re: dependencies for nautilus scripts

Jon Allen wrote:

Hi there --

Here's my idea for checking script dependencies w/out relying on softcat.

1. Nautilus checks for scripting programs  that are installed.  We should
check for perl, python, etc.

2. User accesses script page through Nautilus, which passes a list of
locally installed scripting programs.  This could be done via cgi.
Example:
	http://foo.bar.com/cgi-bin/foo.pl?perl=Yes;python=No...

3. foo.pl processes arguments, determines what scripts are on machine,
passes on to server for xml scripting page, etc.  Page that returns to
user only displays scripts w/ok dependencies.  Provide user w/option to
see all scripts, regardless of dependencies.  "All" listing notes failed
dependencies.

Just a rough idea.

Jon

Works for me...
-Thom.

p.s. I will have an xml-rpc api defined very shortly.. I need to get some sleep first. It's bad enough when I try to pick up my cola with the mouse.