Re: session manager problem (was Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus 1.0.3 problem)

On Tuesday, May 15, 2001, at 06:43  PM, John Harper wrote:

Darin Adler writes:
|	To fix this problem, John Harper changed 1.0.3 to remove itself from
|the session manager when the program was invoked from the command line.
|Unfortunately, it seems that this in turn prevents Nautilus from starting
|up again next time you log in. There is code to put Nautilus back in the
|session manager at Nautilus quit time, but normally Nautilus does not quit.
|  This I think is the flaw with the 1.0.3 change.

I'm not sure I agree with this analysis.

The change I made was to add nautilus to the session in `trash' mode
unless the desktop window is active. I don't think there is any code to
make session management changes at quit time (I did think of fixing the
problem this way, but didn't in the end)

One possibility is that the update_session () function that initializes
the restart mode is sometimes called before the desktop window is
initialized, so the nautilus_application_desktop_window is still NULL,
and the wrong restart mode is chosen.

But since I can't reproduce the bug, I can't test this..

OK. I'm glad I had it wrong. I'll add your comments to the bug report soon.

    -- Darin