[Nautilus-list] rpm v3/v4 installer for RH6.2?

Miles Lane wrote:
> I have another question, which may be related.  I have Redhat 6.2, but I
> have upgraded to Ximian Gnome 1.4, which installs RPM 4.0.  Does the
> eazel-installer-rpm3 only understand RPM 3.x rpm databases?  I have been
> using the rpm3 installer, since that's what I'm told to do for my
> distribution.  I just tried the rpm4 installer, but was told that my
> distribution was incompatible and to use the rpm3 installer.  Am I
> screwed?

Also, if you have a properly updated Red Hat Linux 6.2 system (all
updates installed), you should have rpm 4.0.2 (see
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHEA-2001-016.html).

Probably the Eazel installer needs to be fixed so that it works with
RH6.2 systems with rpm 4.0.2. You should probably add a bug report for
this specific problem at http://bugzilla.eazel.com/.

Christian