Re: [Nautilus-list] Medusa

Darin Adler wrote:

on 3/30/01 5:03 AM, Zak McGregor at zak mighty co za wrote:

anyone know when Medusa will be dropped as a requirement to installing
Nautilus?
I downloaded the latest Nautilus I could find
(nautilus-1.0.1-0_eazel_200103281236.i386.rpm) and it still requires
Medusa.

We're not planning on dropping Medusa as a requirement to the Nautilus
packages we build at Eazel. Did you hear otherwise somewhere? (You ask
"when" and not "if" as if it was a foregone conclusion.)

    -- Darin

What makes medusa better than slocate? Updatedb doesn't kill my box the way medusa does.

(PIII 450 w/ 256RAM virtually unusable)

Is there a way to configure medusa to only index when I want it to?

$ man medusa
No manual entry for medusa

-b