[Nautilus-list] Re: Can someone add FAM to eazel-hacking?

Darin Adler wrote:

> Seth is working on integrating FAM into Nautilus. I want to be able to work
> with him. It would be a big help if someone could find or make an RPM for
> FAM and make it part of eazel-hacking. Then I could do some testing with FAM
> (in non-IMON mode).
>
> Robin? Ramiro? Someone else?
>
>     -- Darin

Ok, its in eazel hacking, 'update' and you'll get it.

I got the source RPM from here:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/download/

This one:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/download/fam-2.6.4-1.src.rpm

I rebuilt the rpm on both RedHat 6.2 and 7.0 - because of C++ runtime
differences it seems we cant use the same rpm on both RedHat versions.

I had to make a tiny patch for the 7.0 version to fix a compiler
warning.

Also, the rpm itself is a little whacky.  It installs its headers and
libraries in /usr/local unlike everything else.  I guess for now youll
have to use hard coding technology to get the compile and link flags.

-re