Re: [Nautilus-list] Put "View as xxx" choices in View menu, remove them from locationbar?

Hi John,

          The "View as" selector in the location bar has two important
functions:  it labels the current content view as well as allowing the user to
select a different one.  Therefore, I think it would be a poor decision to
remove it, even if the choices are also available in the view menu, so I prefer
choice (B), which is adding the choices to the view menu but leaving the "View
as" selector in the location bar.

           If we're worried about menu clutter, we could only put one
hierarchical "view as" item in the view menu instead of all the individual
items, but I'm not sure I like that.  We also could implement a preference for
displaying the "View as" choices on the location bar, in the menu, or both,
defaulting to both, but then allowing a savvy user to tailor it to their
preference.

-- Andy