Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus and desktop background.

"Thomas R. Shannon" wrote:

> I'd also like the icons but not the background.  The background has a
> bad habit of covering my Windowmaker clip and icons.  I'm sure I could
> make the clip be "always on top" but then, of course, it covers my
> application windows.  Is an option for a transparent background in the
> works?  One that could be "always on bottom" or something like that.
>
> Tom

I dont know how the Windowmaker clip and icons work, so im guessing.

If they render on the root window, then yes, the nautilus desktop will
draw on top of them.  The Nautilus desktop uses its own window - not the
root window.

If Windowmaker clip and icons are themselves windows, and they are
placed underneat the Nautilus desktop window, then that is a bug.  If
this is the cae, could you file that in http://bugzilla.eazel.com with
info on how to reproduce, then maybe someone can debug it ?

As far as I know Nautilus sets all the right properties on the desktop
window such that it will work with window managers that are compliant
with the 'spec' (http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/)

thanks

-re