[Nautilus-list] Messed up Nautilus configuration

Somehow, I horked up the  Nautilus configuration for myself. When I try
running it, I get:

** WARNING **: GConf error:
  Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
IDL:CORBA/MARSHAL:1.0
.
.
.
Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Segmentation fault

However, I can still run it as the root user.

Hint: I was fiddling around with some of the files in my home directory
in .gconf.

I tried re-installing the Nautilus packages, (I removed them first to
force the installer to re-install them) but that didn't work.