Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

> This man's needed feature is about a hundred-fold increase in speed
> before I will even consider using it.  Konqueror does all these nifty
> things too, but hey, it's much faster . . .

The only areas I know of where Konqueror is significantly faster is
opening new windows and memory usage. Nautilus currently opens new
directories, particularly large ones, significantly faster, copies files
faster (barely, but a little), loads web pages marginally faster (this is
really attributable to mozilla 0.9.1, but whatever).... If Nautilus
performs slower on your machine in particular areas, I would really
appreciate a message with your machine specs and stopwatch timings on
specific operations.

Saying "Konqueror is faster" doesn't help much at all...

-Seth