Re: [Nautilus-list] desktop background isn't nautilus business

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:50:34PM +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2001 10:34:41 -0400, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> > I think the only reason you can set it from within nautilus (by dragging
> > a background to it) is that the desktop is just like any other window.
> > (Or are you talking about some other way to set the background?)
> I was refering to the option in Preferences -> Windows & Desktop ->
> Use Nautilus to draw the background. When I lauch nautilus for the
> first time, background becomes gray. Maybe this option should be
> disabled by default ?

I look at Windows & Desktop preferences here...  "Use Nautilus to draw the
desktop"...  that is the not the same as drawing the "background".  When I
right click on the desktop (which is controlled by Nautilus) and select
"Change Desktop Background" then the relevant capplet is loaded inside
gnomecc.

How is this not working the way you want?

DS..