Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Darin doesn't work effectively with Yoann?

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> On 19 Jun 2001, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
> > > and I have to redo them (and you get angry that
> > > I don't work with you so that you can correct them),
> >
> > Darin, you piss me off [again].
> >
> > You should learn about respect and communication. And you should probably
> > learn about what Maintaining a free software project mean.
>
> I think I speak for most people here when I say that maybe instead *you*
> should learn about respect and communication.

Oh, great, the problem here is that this discussion is on the list, but
the two persons really involved are Darin and me, so this should better
go private. Now I don't think you know the story enough to judge.

> Darin does all his Nautilus work for free in his spare time, so he has no
> obligation to answer any mail demanding answers from anyone at all, and
> still he does it.

Yes, that's a maintainer job. I too could just do other things than
hacking on Nautilus, developping my own project, etc etc...
But hey, guess what : I do it. That's a choise.

A choise that also bring obligation, some people would take it very
bad if I stopped answering their questions on the project I maintain.

> The mails I've seen him write to help you has been
> anything but bad.
> In fact, they have been very good. I'm very impressed
> with the fact that he has not just got tired of you and put you in his
> killfile yet. (I would have.)

Good, you judge by mail that appeared to the list, and the majority
of the mails involved were personnal...

This discussion started here but should be a personnal discussion.
Now Alex, I don't have anything against you, but really, you have
1/10 of the arguments needed to judge.

This discussion (which is more a flamewar than a discussion),
should be continued in private, if it continue at all. It won't bring
anything good except maybe the fact that it will completly break the
communication between Darin and I.

So we should better stop now and try to re-start on clean bases
than going to something that we will regret.

> Have you ever considered why you are the only person that seem to have
> problem "communicating" with Darin?

Yes I did. But after receiving several personnal mail supporting me when
this discussion started, it seem I am not alone.

> It might not be Darins fault only you know.

Now I'm not saying the fault come from Darin,
In communication / relationship, no one is white, no one is black,
it's always 50% - 50% faults.

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | I worry about my child and the Internet all the time,
MandrakeSoft         | even though she's too  young to have logged on yet.