Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: 1.0.4 release

On 15 Jun 2001, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

> > > What I don't understand is that currently, request #1 from people is
> > > performance improvment (feel free to open a poll if you don't trust
> > > me)... But it seem that very few people are working on optimisations,
> > > and that many people are working on feature add / bug fix.
> >
> > All are useful.  Optimizing is hard.  1.0.4 is hardly going to be the
> > last release of Nautilus.  I don't see the issue here.
>
> All are useful. But not all are the most requested.

People also request security, but judging from the perpetual stream of
security notices, it doesn't seem as if that request is ever met.

I don't think it's fair to blame the hackers for not accomplishing
something that is a process, and not a goal. They have been working hard
on performance improvement, and that's the best you can possibly ask
without an already agreed-upon, measurable and realistic performance goal
for 1.0.4.

-- Elliot
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel like
I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat before
sundown, I'll go crazy!  But then I just take a deep breath and forget
about it.  That's what is known as real maturity.	-- Snoopy