[Nautilus-list] Why aren't people working on "request #1"?

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 11:21  AM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

What I don't understand is that currently, request #1 from people is
performance improvment (feel free to open a poll if you don't trust
me)... But it seem that very few people are working on optimisations,
and that many people are working on feature add / bug fix.

That's silly to say that you "don't understand" this. Do you think people automatically work on the most important thing?

This has little to do with the decision of whether to do 1.0.4 release now or wait for some more speedups.

I think maybe you can make a difference. Maybe you can get more people helping with performance improvements.

    -- Darin