Re: [Nautilus-list] segfault when canceling delete

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 11:10  AM, christian glodt ist lu wrote:
>
> > The progress dialog which was displayed showed the
> > hidden files being deleted. Confusingly, it counted
> > the files wrongly: "Deleting 10/1" it stated.
>
> I'd love a bug report in bugzilla.eazel.com about this. It might turn out
> to be easy to fix.

Added as #8344.

> > Another matter was delete performance. No more than
> > 10 files per second were deleted. From a shell, I
> > could delete the remaining 9000+ files in less than 2
> > seconds.
>
> Not sure why this is slow but I would like a separate bug report about
> this.

Added as #8345. Remarkably, performance became somewhat better when I
built with FAM. At least that's what I think, because adding FAM
was the only thing I had changed, and suddenly deletion was quicker,
but still not as fast as it could be.

> > Because deletion was so slow, I clicked "Cancel" in
> > the progress dialog. That's when the segfault happened.
>
> Probably easy to fix; it would be useful to have a backtrace. I would like
> a third bug report about this.

Added as #8347.

Christian Glodt