[Nautilus-list] IMON in mainstream Linux kernel?

On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 09:20  AM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

BTW: do you know if IMON will get integrated in the mainstream kernel ?

Almost certainly not. The kernel hackers have their own monitoring API, which they think is superior to IMON. Seth said that it seemed like the Linux monitoring code was not sufficient to do what FAM requires, but I haven't looked into it. It's possible that a future version of FAM could use the Linux monitoring.

But the important point is that FAM works quite well even without IMON. And the polling that it does is exactly the sort of thing we'd want to do in Nautilus itself if FAM didn't exist.

    -- Darin