Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> On Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at 04:38  PM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
>
> > Ok, I just had a look at the way Nautilus work when, for exemple, two
> > windows look at the same directory. If you create a file then reload
> > in one of the window, the other get updated. This is fine with me,
> > except that we are doing all operations two times (and as told in
> > a previous mail, this increase linearly each time a new window which
> > monitor this directory is openened).
> >
> > Do you know of any solution that would allow us to do all the operation
> > one time, but share the result in all the windows ?
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.
>
> Today, if you do a refresh in one window, both windows get updated,
> but the I/O is done only once.
>
> If you open a second window to the same location, however, the process
> of opening the new window causes Nautilus to get fresh contents (which
> do get displayed in both windows),

The problem is that it get the directory content (directory load) for
each window displaying the directory, instead of doing it one time and
dispatching between windows... That's very wrong behavior...

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | - Windows  Where do you want to go today?
MandrakeSoft         | - MacOS    Where do you want to be tomorrow?