Re: [Nautilus-list] when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

On Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at 02:15  AM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

This is only valid for currently drawn directory, as we just cache
one directory at a time.

Wrong. We cache any number of directories.

Now, there is two things that could be done :

1) Stats the directory - reload if changed.
   If the directory can't be stated (special files), re-load it anyway.

Perhaps.

2) Why do we force a reload for the user to get a refresh when the user
   already have a refresh button ? That is thinking for the user...
   If the user have new file in the currently drawn directory, it
   should use refresh...

Is there something I'm missing ?

We do this because it was a real problem in practice for users. Any directory that is monitored is cached, and the reason for monitoring could be the fact that it's viewed in another window, or that it's the scripts directory and monitored to keep the script menu up to date, or any of a number of other reasons.

    -- Darin