Re: [Nautilus-list] expanding the list view -> tree view and usability suggestions

On 12 Jun 2001 12:48:13 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Abe Fettig <abe fettig net> writes:
>
> > However, Jonathan also wrote:
>
> Too many Jonathan's involved here... (-:
>
> > 	"First and foremost, I would like to see the standard MacOS-like
> > ability to expand folders in the same tree view.  This would greatly
> > increase the functionality of the list view for users."
> >
> > This could be done with an eTree, couldn't it?
>
> What's involved here beyond just using a tree in the list view????
> What's needed beyond what, for example, CTree provides?

I guess any list widget that supports trees would work.  I've been
thinking about this since yesterday, and it dawned on my how sweet this
would be - using a list/tree view and "open folders in new windows"
mode, Nautilus would be just like MacOS Finder.

Abe