Re: [Nautilus-list] problems with desktop mode

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 12:37:09PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> > Nautilus works really fine -- except starting it in desktop mode; I don't
> >  get any desktop, the widget is drawn and the main window appears but
> > doesn't
> >   get filled. The opened nautilus window with ~ does show up but stops
> > somehow
> >    and doesn't get any content count of the files (all dirs have '...'
> > beneath).
> >
> > Starting it up with --no-desktop makes it work; why this problem?
> > Trusting the
> >  ltrace backtrace it's the nautilus_directory_force_reload function which
> >   is "unfinished"; after this I've got to SIGINT nautilus.
> I am about to commit a fix that probably takes care of this. There was
> some code that can't handle a sidebar of NULL, and I changed the desktop
> to have a sidebar of NULL. After my fix, let me know if things are still
> broken.

Hm, fine, but now I've got another problem:

run-nautilus output:

Eel-CRITICAL **: file eel-scalable-font.c: line 113 (eel_scalable_font_new): assertion `eel_font_manager_file_is_scalable_font (file_name)' failed.

Eel-ERROR **: file eel-scalable-font.c: line 310 (eel_scalable_font_get_default_font): assertion failed: (EEL_IS_SCALABLE_FONT (default_font))
aborting...
Aborted

Eel, GnomeVFS and Nautilus from today morning CEST (-6 hours also).
--
kabalak / kabalak kabalak net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080