Re: [Nautilus-list] problems with desktop mode

On Saturday, June 2, 2001, at 11:46  AM, Fatih Demir wrote:

Nautilus works really fine -- except starting it in desktop mode; I don't
get any desktop, the widget is drawn and the main window appears but doesn't get filled. The opened nautilus window with ~ does show up but stops somehow and doesn't get any content count of the files (all dirs have '...' beneath).

Starting it up with --no-desktop makes it work; why this problem? Trusting the
 ltrace backtrace it's the nautilus_directory_force_reload function which
  is "unfinished"; after this I've got to SIGINT nautilus.

I am about to commit a fix that probably takes care of this. There was some code that can't handle a sidebar of NULL, and I changed the desktop to have a sidebar of NULL. After my fix, let me know if things are still broken.

    -- Darin