Re: [Nautilus-list] features and minor nitpicks

Darin Adler wrote:

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 06:31  AM, Matthew J. Doller wrote:

1 - would it be possible to use the metafiles to hide arbitrary files?
There are a few files in my home directory, for example, that pop up when
using certain applications that just add to the clutter.  For instance,
minicom leaves minicom.log, evolution leaves the evolution directory, the
java plugin for mozilla and netscape (at least last time i checked they
did) leave java trace files.
right clicking on these files and selecting "Hide this file in Nautilus"
or something a little more understandable might be good.

We've heard this request before, and always in the context of the home directory too. There are a couple small points to resolve before doing it. First, if we had such a feature, we'd always have to read the metafile first before displaying any files in a directory. I think we already do that, but I'm not sure. Second, if we had such a feature, I'd want a UI to make the files appear and disappear. I don't think that having people edit the XML file directly with a text editor is sufficient. Some way to make files disappear would probably be easy, but I am not so sure about ways to make files appear.

View -> Show Hidden Files

--
Please note - If you do not have the same beliefs as we do, you are
going to burn in Hell forever.