[Nautilus-list] features and minor nitpicks

Hello!

I've been using nautilus since PR1, and i find that with each release, the
developers consistently underpromise and overdeliver, so it just keeps
getting better and better
i do have a few feature requests that i would like to see, and a tiny bug
that i have noticed.  I'll enter these into bugzilla as soon as i can, but
i just wanted to write the list to see the feasability of these.
also, i haven't had internet access besides dial-up for the last few
months, so some of these may already be fixed in 1.0.4.  If they are, i
apologize

1 - would it be possible to use the metafiles to hide arbitrary files?
There are a few files in my home directory, for example, that pop up when
using certain applications that just add to the clutter.  For instance,
minicom leaves minicom.log, evolution leaves the evolution directory, the
java plugin for mozilla and netscape (at least last time i checked they
did) leave java trace files.
right clicking on these files and selecting "Hide this file in Nautilus"
or something a little more understandable might be good.

2 - speaking of metafiles, could the trash use a metafile to keep track of
certain information about the files that are in it?  Basically, could it
store the location that file A was deleted from, the date it was deleted,
etc...  Yes, i know this is how the windows recycle bin works, but i think
it would help if when you look in your trash you see files named "main.c"
"another copy of main.c" and "3rd copy of main.c", but you know that they
are all different files

3 - I've noticed that while using the ximian-south theme (which might make
this an issue to take up with ximian) that some emblems do not show up
while in "icon view" mode.  I've made a few emblems from jimmacs folders
for music, binaries, etc., so that i can label my folders, and the changes
remain across theme changes.  I first noticed it when applying one of my
emblems to a symlink, and again whey applying it to a read-only directory,
so it may have something to do with the mini-emblems already on the files.

that's it, and thanks!

Matt

ps - I'm not on the list, but i do check the archives often

mdoller wpi edu